Tuesday 12 January 2016

Pep Guardiola apologizes to Premier League managers for putting them under pressure after announcing his 'imminent' move


Bayern Munich boss, Pep Guardiola shocked the football world in December when he announced that he would be leaving the German club for the Premier League. His comments since then have only intensified speculations on his destination while mounting massive pressure on top club managers with Arsene Wenger publicly criticizing his strategy while labeling it unnecessary.

The Gunners boss said: "Personally I don’t like the fact that the managers come out so early for what they will do.
“It’s not necessarily good for their own team, nor for the speculation about the managers who are going through a little bit of a difficult patch.”

However, the former Barcelona boss has now apologized saying: 'I am sorry. Normally, in my career as a trainer, as a player, I respect a lot my colleagues, so I am sorry. It wasn't my intention.'
The 44-year-old, meanwhile, was not 'sorry enough' to reveal his next destination although he confirmed he will be heading to the Premier League when he leaves Germany.
Speaking at a press conference during Bayern's training camp in Qatar, Guardiola said: 'I will reveal my new club once I have actually signed a contract.

'I have not talked with the players about my imminent move to England. We are only talking about football. But they all already know anyway.'
The very successful manager surprisingly revealed that his joy does not come from winning trophies but from the type of football his teams play.
'I would rather be remembered for the football my teams play than for the trophies I won,' he said.
'In the end, titles are nothing but numbers and numbers are boring.
'When we win 4-0 or 5-0 and the fans go home happy, that's the greatest gift for me.'

Guardiola has been hugely touted to take over the reins from Manchester City boss Manuel Pellegrini, as well as at Manchester United and Chelsea.

0 comments:

Post a Comment