Tuesday 2 February 2016

Manchester City confirm signing of much sort after Pep Guardiola


Manchester City have confirmed the capture of former Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola.

The Spaniard had in December confirmed he would be moving to the Premier League at the end of the season, causing Manchester United and Chelsea to raise their hope despite the fact he had long been linked with a move to the blue side of Manchester.
'Manchester City can confirm that in recent weeks it has commenced and finalised contractual negotiations with Pep Guardiola to become MCFC head coach for the 2016-17 EPL season onwards.
'The contract is for three years. These negotiations were a re-commencement of discussions that were curtailed in 2012.
'Out of respect for Manuel Pellegrini and the players, the club wishes to make its decision public to remove the unnecessary burden of speculation.
'Manuel, who is fully supportive of the decision to make this communication, is entirely focused on achieving his targets for the season ahead and retains the respect and commitment of all involved with the leadership of the club.'
He would now replace current boss Manuel Pellegrini who had until 2017 to stay after he had signed a 1-year extension from his original date of 2016. Last week, the Chilean announced that he would be departing the club and insisted they had not gone behind his back in pursuit of Guardiola.
‘Before I finish, I want to tell you I have talked with the club and I will finish my contract on the original date,’ he said.
‘I signed for one year more, but with the clause, the club or me can choose not to use that stuff now so I finish here on the original date, June 30, so there is not the speculation.
‘The club are not doing anything behind me, I knew this one month ago, but I don't think it's good to have rumour or speculation about these things, so I prefer to finish today, which is why I have told the players and I have told the press. I also spoke to the club two weeks ago and said that I would do it.’
Good for City, but its a shame how Pellegrini has just been treated irrespective of the club's statement. Although I understand that they are gunning for Europe, I think its a slap in his face.

0 comments:

Post a Comment